As I pointed out last year, I am not really a big planner when it comes to my reading list. That is still true today. I am a slow, deliberate reader, and I don't usually read more than one book at a time. But I will put together a rough reading goal for the year.
This year (2012):
I am hoping to read 52 Fitzgerald short stories, at least one a week.
The Great Gatsby (at least once, but maybe twice)
One other novel
A biography on Scott and Zelda
I think that is a fair start. Last year my goals were...
1. The Beautiful and Damned- Finished 2/11
2. A Guide to F. Scott Fitzgeralds St. Paul by John Koblas -Finished and used on my tour of Summit Ave
3. St. Paul Stories of F Scott Fitzgerald by Dave Page- I did finish all the stories in the book, but I have not written all the posts, which means I will be re-reading some and posting in 2012.
4. Tales of the Jazz Age -Finished 5/11
5. A biography on F Scott Fitzgerald- Putting the 2 Hemingway/Fitzgerald books here, I also reread Some Sort of Epic Grandeur on and off throughout the year.
6. A biography on Zelda Fitzgerald- Read one, Zelda Sayre An American Woman's Life, and I started a second Zelda Biography, just haven't finished, and probably won't.
7. Gatsby's Girl by Caroline Preston-Finished 11/11
8. The Great Gatsby- Oops, didn't get this one in.
I did pretty well. I got everything that I wanted in, OK almost everything. Seeing all that I got accomplished last year, I probably could add more to my list, but I won't. I am very interested to see how 2012 works out. And of course we have the release of the Great Gatsby to look forward to.